Friday 13 November 2015

Essential packing

The Chickens told me that they used previous blogs’ pictures to figure out what to pack for this expedition, so I thought I’ll make it easy for the next guys and make a list of what to pack and what not to pack. Here are the Chooks’ one essential and one waste-of-space items, and also a bonus tip:

Essential
Brooke: My fat Victorinox Swiss Army knife!
Nanna: My wax earplugs.
Mollie: Ooh, Branston Pickle and English Mustard.
Sue-Dog: My corkscrews.
Jody: Mozzie spray!
Julie: My sun hat!
Christianne: My head torch.
Carol: My universal adapter electricity plug.
Jan Jnr: All my things were equally important.
Jan Snr: My extra pair of glasses.
Frank: My sun hat.
Tom: My long silk underwear.

Waste-of-space
Nanna: My bags of condoms.
Mollie: My two Swiss Army knives!
Sue-Dog: I never wore my thermal underwear.
Jody: My snorkel and flippers.
Julie: My skirt – I never wore it.
Christianne: An extra cell phone.
Carol: All my extra coffee.
Jan Jnr: I am a Dutch engineer; I packed only what I needed, and nothing more.
Jan Snr: Too many trousers!
Frank: That fifth pair of underwear.
Tom: Shorts.

Tips
Nanna: Always bring your own condoms!
Mollie: Pitch your tent away from the snorers and bring a universal bath plug.
Sue-Dog: Sometimes you just need to get your own room; and it’s fine!
Jody: Pack lite.
Julie: Patience, patience, patience, and just go with the flow.
Christianne: Do a trip into the dunes at Nazca.
Carol: If you do one activity, do the Bonito snorkeling!
Jan Snr: Tripadvisor is a good tool to find a restaurant that you will like.
Frank: Stick to your baggage allowance!

Tom: Bring a really warm sleeping bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment